Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Two are better than one...

Tonight I had a wonderful visit, with a Christian friend, at Starbucks. Over the course of our visit, we laughed and cried together and then we laughed some more. Our evening was ended in prayer for one another. As I was driving home, I was reminded of our pastor's message from this past week..."Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up." (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10) I'm so thankful for my Christian friends...old and new...that God has placed along side of me in this journey of life!

The Bible verse goes on to say "Pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" It kind of reminds me of the old commercial where the elderly lady falls down and she's laying there crying out, "I've fallen and I can't get up!". Sometimes we need that outstretched hand from a loving friend to help us to our feet again because we just can't do it alone.

I'm guilty of overlooking friendship opportunities because I'm just too busy to take the time or I'm afraid to take a chance. Tonight was such a blessing, chatting with a friend, and I would have missed the blessing if I had chosen not to embrace the opportunity!

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of friendship!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad you have a new friend! I know how important that can be in life!!

Tammy said...

Great post! And I agree...it's so easy to overlook opportunities for cultivating friendship in our busy lives, but they are so important...and I think especially so for women!

Stacey said...

I keep waiting for pictures from your trip to show up :-)