Saturday, September 23, 2006

Life in a Nutshell

Several years ago, I was reading a book and a humorous thought has stayed with me ever since. It's become a family joke that when I die I want these words to be put on my headstone. "Here lies the shell but the nut is gone."

I know you're probably laughing but thinking that's terrible to say. Really, think about it...our bodies are just a temporary home for us to accomplish God's purpose while He has us on this earth...my body is just a shell and I am the nut residing there for a time. I'm sure that God has looked down on me more than a couple of times and shook His divine head and thought...she's a nut! I've heard that most of my life. I try to remember to bite my tongue but sometimes the funny thoughts in my head roll off my tongue before I have time to bite down. That's where I came up with the new name for my blog..."Special Moments in a Nutshell". Thanks for taking time to visit me in my little nutshell.

Someday, I'm trading my nutshell for a glorified body! 2 Cor. 5:1 "We know that if the earthly tent (shell) we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven".

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I totally have to say it...
"You're a nut, Mom!"

I like the new name, it's cute!!

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry said...

Mom you are a nut an any sittuation. And thats to funny cause i was with stacey in the car the other day and she said the same thing. I say stuff some times and think about it later. Saying things that she doesnt mean to be mean or funny but after it comes out she said she thinks I shouldnt have said that!!
Love ya mom your the best.