Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mother's Day Surprise


This is dedicated to my two amazing daughters who think I have time to blog! Well, I've done it and it's only taken me six months to make my first posting...is that what we call it? You are such a joy, encouragement, and inspiration to me every day of my life. I have wonderful memories of giggles and tears with you. I'm so glad that I was able to spend so much time with you during your growing years. I'm blessed to have been a stay at home mom and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my job as a Realtor now, but not as much as I've enjoyed being your mom! I remember Stacey as a child, she couldn't stand to get dirty and now at 25, she doesn't mind a little paint on her hands while she's expressing herself in her new home! What an interior decorator she's become! She's not afraid to get outside and get a little dirt on her hands either, while helping Jeff with the landscape design. To top it off, God gave her two little boys and we know that means a little dirt from time to time! Doesn't God have a great sense of humor? Stacey always had a tender heart for children. I remember when her youngest cousin was a baby and Stacey offered to change the diaper. We thought for sure she would change her mind when she realized the surprise inside of the diaper. Not Stacey, she did the best job a 6 year old could do and never complained about the smell. I guess I shouldn't be surpised that she's chosen to do in-home daycare so that she can be a stay at home mom. She doesn't complain about dirty diapers to this day! Then there's Sherry...she was always into something but she always made it hard to discipline her because she was so darn funny! Things haven't changed that much...now she's 23 and she still has a way of making me laugh in the midst of a trial. She announced to us when she was about 5 that she wanted to be a comedian. Most little girls dream of being a nurse or teacher but not Sherry. Well, God has given her plenty of material to use in her comedy act and I won't be surprised to see her on stage someday sharing her life story. Sherry always had a habit of doing things and not thinking about the consequences. For instance, the time she opened the ice chest and stood on the lid which promptly snapped off. When we asked her why she did it...her response was "I wanted to see what happened". There you go...that's Sherry! God has blessed her with a joyful heart and she freely shares it with others. There you go, girls! I love you and I hope I've made you proud!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I remember reading this and I don't think I commented. Me not talk or comment - who would of thunk it!

I agree amazing daughters indeed!