Wednesday, September 27, 2006


Priorities

Tonight my daughter Stacey and I were chatting about "priorities" in life and in particular, for moms with young children. I was quickly transported back in time when I was a young mom of two precious little girls.


On one hand, it seems so long ago and yet, memories quickly take me back, as though it were just yesterday! I remember the days when I had a young family and I had such a desire to "do it all". I quickly learned that God didn't expect me to and I couldn't do anything good if I was trying to do too much. I had to be reminded that my priority was my family and that God had given me my girls for a brief time to impact and mold them into the young ladies God had designed them to be.

Looking back on those days, I wouldn't change a thing. We struggled financially so that I could be a stay at home mom but I'm so thankful for that time with my girls. I had to learn to trust God to provide and He never let me down! There were time when He really s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d my faith but those experiences give me confidence now that God is watching over me and knows my needs today!

I promise you that there will always be time for all the other "stuff". Today, seek God and His desire for you and trust Him for the details. He is faithful and it's so worth it!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi! I'm visiting from your daughter's blog...
Those pictures are so beautiful of your girls. And I had to visit, because I'm close to your age, yet started my family a little later in life...so I just now have little girls 7 and 4!
Some of my best friends I have had since we were teens are 45 (I'm 43) and I told your daughter I'm always shocked into reality that I am technically old enough to be a grandma! But since none of my friends are yet, and half of us started later like I did, I sometimes forget...;)

Anyway...you truly are very young looking, though! :) And thank you for the reminder to enjoy these fleeting moments with my children while they are still young. I know it does go by so fast!

Stop by and visit anytime!
Blessings,
~Tammy

Stacey said...

Thanks Mom, you always help me see it more clearly! I love you and I'm so thankful for all the sacrifices you did make to be with us. You truly are a great example of what a Mom is! I love you!!

Stacey said...

BTW, I like the new background : )

Stacey said...

I tagged you for a new meme on my blog today. You've got four words and you have to tell what they mean to you. Let me know when you update it : )

Theresa said...

I SO love those pictures! What a great reminder to put God and family first. Especially as we are going through all these changes right now.